Thursday, April 10, 2014

Whipped Cream with Berries

I was craving dessert as usual and wanted to incorporate some of the fruit I had in the fridge. I decided to make parfaits but I made it a lot more indulgent than my usual healthy version. I swapped my Greek yogurt for whipped cream and skipped the granola! It was super simple and it totally satisfied my sweet craving!






Serves 4 fans

The Players:

For the whipped cream:
  • 1/2 cup cold whipping cream
  • 1/2 tbs white sugar
  • 1/2 tps of vanilla 
For the berries:
  • Roughly 4 cups of berries washed (strawberries (hulled and quartered), blueberries, raspberries, I used strawberries and raspberries)
* Depending on what blend of berries you use, the measurements will vary


The Game Plan:

Place the bowl you will be making your whipped cream in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Once the bowl is chilled, place whipping cream into the bowl. Whisk the whipping cream on high speed with an electric mixture.  The cream will thicken and right before peaks are formed, add sugar and vanilla. Whisk again on high speed until peaks are formed. Do no over whisk.







Place the berries in bowls or glasses.






Top with whipped cream. Garnish! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment