Friday, May 16, 2014

Roasted Golden Beets

I did not have a lot of time last week and so I was looking for a vegetable to make a simple side dish or to use to top a salad. My husband really likes beets so I decided to add that to my grocery list. I had my pick of red or golden beets and decided to go with golden, just so I would not have to deal with the red color staining anything :) This recipe is super simple, but tastes delicious!



The Players:
  • 4 golden beets washed and peeled
  • 1 tbs of olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Freshly cracked black pepper
  • 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
The Game Plan:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut beets up into 1 inch slices. Cover a baking tray with foil.



Place beets on foil and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and with the thyme leaves. Give them a good toss to distribute all the seasonings over the beets.



 Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Take the beats out give them a toss and place them back in oven for another 10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment